CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country's leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world's leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
Assist in acquisition, renewal and disposition of leasehold and fee owned real estate for national company property portfolio, consisting of industrial and commercial properties, as well as other real estate and facility matters as directed to meet company objectives for growth and profitability.
- Negotiate and conclude divestment of surplus properties as directed, including sales and lease terminations
- Serves as the primary contact for the Districts in determining Landlord vs. Tenant's responsibility for repairs under the Lease, and other property management issues relating to leased and owned facilities
- Works with Director of Construction and Purchasing in implementing minor repairs/improvements to leasehold properties and securing necessary approvals from Landlords if required prior to work starting.
- Review and evaluate assigned areas to identify market conditions impacting the company's real estate including residential construction, office construction, demographics, road improvements, areas of growth or decline and, condemnations, etc.
- Obtain comparable data when evaluating proposed acquisition or disposition of real estate.
- Negotiate business terms and lease documents related to the acquisition/disposition of new sites.
- Analyze the profitability of existing facilities and make recommendations for the retention of leased properties. Negotiate and secure modifications to lease agreements as required.
- Prepare real estate proposals or provides data to support the preparation of proposals by other units.
- Prepare appropriate legal documents to support assigned real estate projects.
- Initiate and conclude activity to support assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related subject required, such as Business or Real Estate.
- 4-6 years of Commercial Real Estate experience, preferably with a multi-unit occupant of commercial real estate
- Experience negotiating business terms and conducting negotiations from initial assignment review to include lease document review.
- Computer literate, MS Office, Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Self motivated individual able to work within group environment as well as independently in completing tasks.
- Some travel required.